CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fabric Pumpkins


So last year, there were fabric pumpkins everywhere!!! I put it on my to-do list and was so excited to make some for this year. I put them on our TV stand, and I love the way they turned out. I wanted them to be a little funky, so I added a ruffle on some and tied some lace around the tall ones. I like the simple orange, black and white color scheme. 



I used this tutorial here. It was really simple. You don't need a lot of fabric and might be able to use scraps, if you have some larger squares. I was cutting my fabric late at night and didn't see that you were suppose to cut 2 pieces, so I cut one piece and simply folded it in half. It worked really well. My measurements for these three pumpkins are... 

small 12 x 5 inches
medium 8 x 16 inches (pumpkins with the ruffles)
tall & skinny 12 x 14 inches


Another change I made to the tutorial is I did not hand stitch my pumpkins closed. It was way too much work and my pumpkins didn't sit flat. So I grabbed my trusty glue gun and glued the bottom together. I pretty much glued in just like a present, gluing the seam one under the other, then folding the ends over and gluing them down. I like it because they sit flat and it was much faster. 


I love these burlap ones I did for my kitchen table. To add the ruffle, simply gather a strip of fabric and then glue it onto your pumpkin. Simple and fun. These make such a great decoration. I love them!!!


Happy Halloween Everyone!!! 
(heart) Juliana 

0 comments: