CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 13, 2011

MInky Blanket Love

So lately I have completely fallen in love with Minky. I have always loved soft blankets and lately I have found so many cute patterns I simply could not live without.


I am now 5 months pregnant and nesting like crazy. I just had to make one of these little darling minky blankets for my own little girl who will be joining us in February. 


It has two toned rose minky on one side. 


And Amy Butler's Tumble Rose Flannel on the other side. 


I used our awesome Minky Blanket Tutorial. I found the awesome trim to put around the outside at JoAnnes. 


I made this cute one using some scraps I had left over. My girls love their blankets and carry them around everywhere. Minky is just the best. 



I also needed to make a little boy one. I did minky on one side and flannel on the other. Instead of doing a ruffle ribbon trim. I simply turned the blanket and then did a zig zag stitch around the quilt about an inch form the side. 



I love the elephants.