CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Yarn Wreath

Becky and I have had our eye on some yarn wreaths for a while now. Here are a few blog posts that really inspired me. I like a few of these wreaths at My Hands Made It. These are beautiful at The Transforming Townhouse.  

Here is my Halloween wreath!!! I added rolled felt flowers, pom-pom felt flowers, and a burlap banner painted orange. 


There are lots of yarn wreath tutorials out there, it's pretty simple. Get a straw wreath and leave it wrapped in plastic and start wrapping it with yarn. My wreath took about 1 1/2 spools of yarn. Becky had the brilliant idea to paint the wreath black so you wont see through the yarn and wont need as much yarn. 




Once I wrapped the whole wreath in black yarn I added a few strands of white yarn. Then I got started on the flowers. I watched this fabulous video on how to make the rolled felt flowers. 


To make the pom-pom felt flowers. Take a piece of felt and fold it in half. For these flowers my piece of felt was between 2-3 inches wide. I added a little glue along the edge to keep it folded in half. 


Then cut a lot of little slits in the felt, making sure to not go all the way through. 


Then roll it up, adding glue as you go to help hold it together. 




Lastly I hot glued all my flowers onto my wreath. Then I really wanted something to show it was a Halloween wreath, so I cut a burlap banner and painted it orange with my fabulous orange paint dabber!!! Then I hot glued the burlap banner to some awesome hounds tooth ribbon. I added some great vintage buttons and VIOLA!!!! My Halloween wreath is complete. 

Happy Halloween!!!

(heart) JuJu




0 comments: