CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mixed Media Art

So this is my new happy place, my hands covered in paint, enjoying my little "art studio."


I was working on a piece for my sister for her birthday... yeah, it's kinda messy.




I was bummed I didn't get a picture of the finished project before sending it off. I used teals and blues and gray. It matches her room perfectly!

So for Memorial Weekend we went to Estes Park. I really wanted to enjoy some down time. I brought some paint with me hoping I would get a second to create. 

I was inspired by one of Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesdays and wanted to try out some poppies. She is a little poppy obsessed. Check out this apron. Here is her video. I used the same technics in her video, using water to spread the paint. Only I used regular craft paint and a regular paint brush. I also stamped the music notes on instead of doing an image transfer. I was happy with the result. 


I love the pink and turquoise in the poppy picture above. Hot pink, turquoise, and yellow are my favorite colors right now. I was so happy was able to copy Donna's page, however I really wanted to do an original for you all. My favorite flower is a lily. They are so beautiful. I love the yellow day lilies that grow outside my grandma's house. So I made this little beauty to celebrate summer and lilies. I like the pink and yellow. On this one I did attempt my very first image transfer. It turned out ok. I think I rubbed a little too hard and started rubbing off some of the yellow on my flowers. (The image transfer is the words on the flowers. I transferred the ink from a book page.) I really like it. 


So I just started the Three Hearts Workshop by Christy Tomlinson.  She is teaching me so much! I have barely had a second to digest it all! I like the idea of a having an art journal were I can experiment without fear of messing up a project. We are suppose to journal about the hearts we share with the world, our family and ourselves. I know sometimes I guard my heart from the world. Why, why do I do that? I wish I was louder, funnier, and always knew what to say. After art journaling about it, it helped me see that I don't need to hide. I made this page to celebrate that. 

I used one of my new favorite little tools called Paint Dabbers by Tim Holtz. They are paint and they dry so fast. I can't wait to play with them in scrapbooking. You can use them on stamps, backgrounds, and stencils! So fun!!


While I was in Estes Park they were having a Arts and Crafts fair, which was soooo fun! I stumbled across this super cool mixed media journal! It's made out of a Golden Book with pages from the story inside. It also has tons of random pages and papers!


I can't wait to paint and journal all over it! Love it!


Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

0 comments: