CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 20, 2012

Baby Blanket

Happy New Year Everyone! We hope you all had a great Christmas. I know we sure did. Becky and I had so much fun spending time with family and enjoying the season. Now that we are getting back into the swing of things, I'm excited to show off one of my new fun projects. 

Probably about a year a go I found this great pattern on Moda Bake Shop called the Just Growing Quilt. The pattern can be found here. In the pattern she used the Bliss line. I instantly fell in love with the blue, pink and red. Since I have decided to so my nursery for our next little one in blue, pink and red I was really inspired by this quilt. I searched for some Bliss charm packs and couldn't find any, but I soon fell in love with this new line called Sophia!!! It is beautiful and I love all the tiny houndstooth prints in this line. 

I knew this would be a great beginner quilt for me. I love that you use charm packs so I don't have to cut a lot of fabric and the simple sqaures were similar to my Halloween Quilt. This quilt was so fun to make I just couldn't stop sewing. 


The other fun thing about this pattern is it includes patterns of this fun applique flowers to add to the quilt. I really feel like they added a lot. 




I am such a sucker for soft blankets and just couldn't resist adding this red rose minky to the back. I love how this quilt is so sweet but has a little spunk at the same time. 



(heart) juju

0 comments: