CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Photography Class

So both of our husbands teamed up at Christmas and got Becky and I a photography class to take together. It was such an amazing and thoughtful gift! We loved that we got to do it together! So we finally learned what those creative modes on our cameras are for, what shutter speed and Aperture mean, and a few composition tips. We took the class here with Illuminate Photography. One of my favorite parts of the class is that we had homework each week. (Trust me I never thought I would write that I liked homework!!) Our homework was to take pictures, so it actually was really fun! Then we would bring our photos into class and have them critiqued. Here are a few of the pictures we took. 

Some of the older folks in our class just wanted to learn how to take pictures of landscapes. Put your camera in Shutter Priority pick a low shutter speed to get this glassy water. If you want to capture individual water drops, pick a high shutter speed. I really wanted to learn how to take pictures of my kids.

This picture was for our self portrait assignment. Some people think I'm crazy for getting married young and wanting a family, but I couldn't imagine my life any other way. 

So for our last class, our teacher had a model for us to take pictures of. He showed us all different kinds of lighting. It was really fun. 

It was definitely a beginner class. Becky and I often would ask, "where is that button?" I still have LOTS more practicing to do. Luckily I have the cutest little girls to chase around and take a million pictures of. I love taking pictures of people, especially children. I love catching a moment or telling a story with my pictures. I love looking at Elizabeth Kartchner's blog for pictures ideas. She is a great photographer and I lover her style!!! She just did this neat post on pictures she was able to get by having her camera close by. I've always liked the saying- you miss 100% of the pictures you don't take. My sister-in-law is also an amazing photographer.  I wish she lived closer and could take all my kids pictures!!! Check Vintage Spice Photography here and her blog here.  Her work is breath taking! 

0 comments: