CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Creating Keepsakes Convention

So last weekend I got to go to Arizona all by myself!!! It's the first time I've left the kids and gone to do something fun for myself! I missed my little darlings, but had a blast seeing my family and going to the Creating Keepsakes Convention. My mom is an expert srcapbooker and I was so excited to go to this scrapbooking convention with her.

We took classes each morning and then shopped at the Vendor Fair. My Favorite both was Embelish It!! Who doesn't love Basic Grey paper? I was in love with the kits and got quite a few. 

I love this kit from Crete Paper called Neighborhood. It will be perfect for scrapbooking pictures of my little girls! (When I finish some, I'll share them with you!)


This kit is called Sweet Threads from Basic Grey and I love it!!!! Check out the amazing canvas petals!! I'm in love with anything canvas right now. 


One of the CK Classes I took was called Write From the Heart. We finished this layout and they gave lots of journaling tips! My scrapbooking mantra is "Telling Our Story." That is what inspires and motivates me to scrapbook. So I love journaling. 


I love all these little tags for journaling and yes, I need to add pictures to the layout of course. I was so happy my sister Jen joined us for this class. 


I LOVED the CK classes because they taught you things while you did layouts. I loved my Material Girl   class were we got to work with fabric paper from American Crafts.  I have seen it used on the Dear Lizzy blog and was so excited to try it out for myself. I love Dear Lizzy. 

Another Favorite of mine was this booth with trim. Is there anything better then flower ribbon? Becky and I were so excited to find yellow!!! I also love the turquoise. Just wait until you see what we are going to do with them!!! I probably should have bought a lot more. 


I love these flowers and they will be a new addition to our shop! I love the texture. These will be perfect for the fall!


After we had dinner, mom and I went to Scrapbooks Etc for their late night crop. It is one of my favorite stores in the whole world. Not only do they have tons of scrapbooking supplies. They also carry an entire wall or ribbon and trim and a HUGE fabric section featuring Moda Fabrics. I always am so inspired by the projects, classes, and everything I see! I love adding fabric and sewing on my scrapbook pages. 

I have been searching for this little Bliss Jelly Roll for a while and finally found it. I want to try to make a fun strip quilt. I love getting quilting ideas from Moda Bake Shop



It was such a fun trip. I was so happy to see family and get to scrapbook with my mom. I have so many fun things now I can't wait to get creating!!!

0 comments: