CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Dresses

 I have never sewn a dress before. Becky is our resident sewing expert and out of the kindness of her heart decided to teach help this novice out. I was so excited to learn something new!

We got together to cut out the dress pieces and I was already lost. I swear sewing patterns are in a whole different language!!! Becky helped me figure out the sizes and we we worked away on our Gracie Portabellopixie pattern. 

Since Becky and I can't be together all the time, we worked on sewing our dresses separately.  After sewing the first 2 pieces together I had used my seam ripper 4 times and sewn the dress together 3 times! I finally figured out that this was a dress and it needed a whole in the middle for a person to wear it! I was so proud of my two pieces I had to send Becky a picture message. I vowed I wouldn't make any more mistakes because I knew what I was doing now! I was feeling pretty smug and excited when... I sewed the dress together again and almost swore! Seriously, be smarter then the dress Juliana!!!

In the end my seam ripper count was up to 10 and I only sewed the dress together 5 times. Good thing I love these two darling little girls and wanted to work hard for them! I even made Addy a little fabric headband! They got to wear them for Easter Sunday and in the end it was the girls that made the dresses cute, not the other way around! :) 

Happy Easter Everyone!



(heart) Juliana 


So, I didn't finish my dresses early like Juliana did--I was up until 11:30 p.m. the night before Easter Sunday sewing!  But, they are finished and cute, if I do say so myself.  I was so excited about them that night, I hung them up on the doorknob, like my mom would do for me when I was little, and couldn't wait to show the girls in the morning.  This was the best pic I could get Easter Morning:

Lame!  Shay couldn't stop yawning and Lexie kept complaining her eyes hurt because the light was too bright. :(  It's cool though--they were much  nicer once they got their dresses on....they even acted excited.  :)  Here they are!

 I wanted some pics without the sweaters to show off the dress, and neither of the girls were in the mood to pose.  Here is Shay throwing rocks at me: she missed btw.

 Here she is telling me I have a stinky bum.  Isn't she lovely?

 Best dress shot I got....Cute though right?  I LOVED the fabric! 

So, Happy belated Easter from me!  So far, the tradition of making Easter dresses for my girls continues--Let's hope that next year I will be finished a week early! But don't hold your breath,  because I'm sure not;)
(heart) Becky

0 comments: