CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Magnet Picture Board Tutorial

 I love pictures. I have pictures all over my whole house and it makes me happy every time I look at them. I wanted a cute way to display fun pictures and notes. I have made 2 of these Magnet Picture Boards for my house. The subtle black, white and sage one hangs by my front door and has pictures of my kids on it.  I picked soft subtle papers with a little romantic hint, so it would blend into my home decor. Just picture it filled with black and white pictures of family. The second one I have a little bolder. It is green, brown, tan and gold and hangs above my craft table. I love that I can easily change it with pictures from magazines, fabric swatches, thanks you cards, pictures and anything else that inspires me.

Board #1
(this board measures 36 x 24 inches) 

Board #2
(this board measure 35 x 22 inches including the frame)

Supplies
white board (I got mine at Walmart because I like really really big white boards and they are a little cheaper there)
12 x 12 scrapbook paper
paper cutter
Mod Podge

This tutorial is so simple, but so awesome!! My little sister has a magnetic picture board in her room loaded with pictures of her friends and fun magnets.

Step #1. Get the paper that you like. This collection below is the Portrait Collection from Crete Paper. It would make a beautiful board. I love the yellows, turquoise, and black. Beautiful!


Step #2. Cut your paper into squares. On my first board. I cut my paper into 4 x 4 squares so I could get 9 squares from a 12 x 12 pieces of paper. On that board I wanted the squares small so I could see more of the prints. This is what I would recommend doing. 



On my second board I wanted it really rustic and did big 6 x 6 squares and filled in the gaps with extra strips. On both of my boards, the paper didn't fit exactly, So I had to cut the squares shorter along the top  and side. If that bugs you, you'll want to measure your board and figure out exactly how big your squares need to be. 

Step #3. Lay out all our squares on the board in your desired pattern. I didn't do a pattern on either board. I wanted it random and just played with it until I liked it. 



Step #4. Put a good layer of Mod Podge all over your white board and lay your squares down. Then finish it off with another layer of Mod Podge on top. 


And, oh my goodness, you're done!!!! Enjoy filling it up with lots of fun goodies!


0 comments: