CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Color Book

As I prepare to teach my little one preschool this year I wanted to make a fun color book that we could look at to review colors. Children learn so much better when you include more then one way of learning. For example show them a picture of a dinosaur (visual) then have them act out how to be a dinosaur (physical). So how do teach colors using different senses? Add TEXTURE!!!!! This color book is all about texture, so as your child is looking at the picture (visual) they can also feel different textures (tactile)! I made this great book using random stuff I found all around my house and I'm sure you have a lot of this stuff in your house too!!

I had little color wands left over from our preschool curriculum last year so I cut up some old page protectors and sewed them on to make a pocket for the wand. Then I sewed on some super cute ribbon on the edges to make it cute. Then I sewed 2 pieces of paper together to hide the sewing and to make my pages more sturdy. Lastly, I just hot glued everything on the pages. I had a great color sticker book that I used a lot, but you could also use pictures from a coloring book or picture book. 


The ribbon was seriously my favorite thing about this book. Isn't it awesome!!!


Yellow Page


Texture: yarn, a straw and a sponge!


Green Page


Texture: a left over piece of felt


Blue Page


Texture: Wands


Red Page


Texture: Ribbon


Orange Page


Texture: popsicle stick, bead, paper flower


Pink Page


Texture: buttons


Purple Page


Texture: pipe cleaner


Brown Page


Texture:  burlap


Black Page


Texture: lace


White Page


Texture: shoe lace



0 comments: